Can you feel the fervor in the air? Can you feel thousands of Lilly lovers bouncing with excitement as they get their online accounts in order? Friends, it can only mean one thing…
The Lilly Pulitzer After-Party sale is coming Monday, January 5th at 8am (EST)!
I couldn’t be more excited about this y’all! My closet has been hoping to add more pink and green (’cause one can never have enough!) and this is the perfect time to stock up on all your soon-to-be Lilly favorites! After shopping this sale for a few years, I know how exhilarating it can be to score a steal… and how frustrating it can be to miss one! So this year I decided to compile a list of tips and tricks to hopefully make your shopping experience the best it can be (after all this only happens twice a year)!
1. Get your account up to date: The website will be down for maintenance from 7-8 am so if you want to get your account accurate (which I recommend) you will need to do it before then! So, log in tonight, enter you payment information/shipping address, and then tomorrow all you have to do is press “pay” & your treasures will be yours!
2. Check out early & often: It’s no secret that items sell out quickly (and even if they are in your cart they aren’t reserved) and with Lilly offering free shipping with no minimum I would recommend checking out as quick as you can because you can always go back for round 2 (and 3… 4… 5 #nojudgement)!
3. Know when it ends: In years past the sale has lasted three days, but this time around it will be sayonara sale at 11:59 pm Tuesday evening- so don’t wait ’til Wednesday or it won’t be there! (And the next chance to shop won’t be until the end of summer.)
4. Sort by Size- What fun is it to fall in love with an item when it doesn’t come in your size? (No fun that’s what!) So make sure to sort by size when you log in so you don’t waste precious time looking at things that won’t fit! (Don’t know what size you are? I recommend stopping at your nearest Lilly store today and trying on a few things for fit!) Also, all sale items are final sale- so make sure you’re sure before checking out!
5. Check out the Lilly Facebook: Throughout the sale (usually around noon) the Lilly team puts extra items on “Flash Sales” that are not already included in the sale online. You never know what additional bargains you will find!
6. Have Shipping Patience: As you can surely imagine, there are TONS of orders that are being processed from the sale. You’ll hear fabulous stories about customers that get their orders in 1 day… but that’s not the norm! Shipping can often take up to two weeks, so have some patience… and wait excitedly by the mailbox!
7. Keep it in perspective: This sale is a blast- no one is going to deny that! But at the end of the day, it’s just that… a sale. There’s a good chance the site may crash or you may miss out on an item you wanted, but the Lilly team is doing us fans a huge benefit by offering these amazing deals! So don’t get angry- get shopping! 🙂
I hope these tips are helpful in getting you ready for one of the best sales of the year! If I am missing anything please let me know. Also make sure to check out the tips from the Lilly team– after all they are the experts! Happy shopping- and make sure to come back Monday and share your scores with me! 🙂