Pinteresting: Bookshelf Inspiration

I have completely outgrown my current bookshelf (#totalbookworm) and am on the hunt for some ideas for both new bookshelves to invest in as well as ideas on how to decorate it once I pick one out. I also have to be conscious of space because my apartment doesn’t have that much room for a major bookshelf installment at the moment. So, I took to Pinterest for some ideas and have shared a few on my favorites below. (PS- you can follow me on Pinterest here)

Let the ideas begin:

I love the wallpaper background on these shelves- think they add such a fun and whimsical touch! I also love the addition of the bright pink baskets and blue bookends used as decorations on the top of the shelf.

via

I love that this bookshelf is filled with just books! I know that sounds rather silly, but with as many books as I have, it’s nice to see that there is a stylish design that is just based on books being books 🙂

via

If I could have a bookshelf that covered my entire wall, I would be in heaven! I love how they added slight touches of decor to the shelf while keeping the emphasis on the books (and who doesn’t love a fabulous built-in)??

via

I know this shelf is currently for a little girls room, but I liked the idea of a two-tone paint job on the inside and out.

via

And in case you need a super easy step-by-step tutorial (I know I do) I loved this graphic! It broke it down perfectly!

via

Any ideas or resources that y’all can recommend? Anything that worked really well for you? Send all suggestions my way 🙂

Image Map

1. January 19, 2015 / 2:50 pm

That first bookshelf is adorable! it's right up my alley!

2. January 19, 2015 / 8:40 pm

I looove that first one! I actually have plans to someday get a bookcase with square shelves and put mirrors into the back like how the pattern is put into the first one. I think it'd look awesome!

Olive & Ivy

• January 20, 2015 / 4:25 pm

I love your idea for putting mirrors in the back- I'll have to add that to my list! 🙂

3. January 19, 2015 / 10:59 pm

I can really relate to this! I love adding to my book collection, but I have the hardest time subtracting from it. I recently reorganized my bookshelves because I got some new ones for Christmas and the shelves were already overstuffed. It's hard! Since my dream is to one day have enough space to dedicate an entire wall to my books, I'm loving #3, but the shelf with the pink inside is so cute too!

xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

• January 20, 2015 / 4:27 pm

I always say that one day I want a bookshelf like in Beauty and the Beast (with the rolling ladder and everything!) 🙂

• January 20, 2015 / 4:26 pm

They are so fun, right? I wish I was naturally this crafty!