Currently Obsessing Over… {v. 41}

Woah friends! What a busy and wonderful week it has been! As you may have seen on Instagram, yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to speak at my alma mater, the University of Florida, to a class of business & retail students about my career path in retail and my tip and tricks for them to land their dream job. I was such a humbling experience to speak with students whose shoes I was in just 5 years ago (omg time flies!!) I had a blast and it was neat to see everyone respond so positively! So thankful for a great day (and thank you so all the students who attended both in-class and online, y’all rock)!

I’ve been really thinking more and more about why investment bags are so important. When you buy a great quality bag, it lasts for so much longer and has timeless appeal! Now that I bought my first Tory Burch, and I know what awesome quality it is, I’m thinking this cross body bag is next on my list of “big girl investment bags”. This is the Mini Robinson, and I tried it on in store and I feel majorly in l-o-v-e! It’s the perfect size for running around on the weekend! Any of y’all have it? Any reviews?

J. Crew has some seriously gorgeous new arrivals, and I love that even though the beginning of fall clothing is coming, they didn’t shy away from color! You know the pink-lover in me is jumping for joy about that 🙂 Here are a few of the items I added to my ever-growing wish list:

J. Crew New Arrivals

Mixed Stripe Tee (you know I’m a sucker for a stripe!) // Crystal-Embellished Tuxedo Shell // Tassel Scarf // Swing Sweater // Peplum Striped Top // Tortise Flower Necklace // Vintage Scarf Dress (so ladylike- I love!)

I tried this dress on twice in the past month, and I fall in love with it every time! It’s got the absolute perfect fit, and the hardest part for me is picking my favorite pattern (there are 6 gorgeous ones to pick from!) If I wasn’t trying so hard to bulk up my savings account right now, this beauty (official name: the Windsor Dress) would definitely be coming home with me!

Who saw this precious story about the hugging puppies at a Georgia shelter who were hours away from “the end” when their picture went viral and they were able to find a foster home (but are still looking for a fur-ever home). As a puppy mom of a rescue dog, my heart breaks at these pictures and stories (especially because one of the pups is a hound like my beloved Buddy!) If you are looking for a dog, please consider your local shelter- those dogs will melt your heart and bring lots of love to your life! #adoptdontshop

I’m sure I’m a little late in hopping on the “this song is awesome and on repeat on my running playlist” bandwagon, but I can’t get enough of this jam! It just pumps me up!

Hope y’all have some wonderful plans this weekend! It’s supposed to be pretty rainy here all weekend, but I have a casual date night planned tonight so that should bring a ray of sunshine 🙂 Have a fab one y’all and thanks for reading! XO

Image Map

1. July 24, 2015 / 6:59 am

The story of the 2 hugging dogs made me cry. I hope people will start adopting more and stop shopping for puppies.

2. July 24, 2015 / 12:11 pm

That is seriously the best staple bag, you could where it everywhere! What a sweet story about the puppies. Have a fabulous weekend!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire

• July 24, 2015 / 5:06 pm

I think the scarf would be perfect for spicing up a fall look! 🙂 And the puppies made me tear up! So cute!

3. July 24, 2015 / 4:45 pm

I love the cross-body bag, and the Windsor dress! Gorgeous colours on the dress…they are my favourite, not to mention the style!

• July 24, 2015 / 5:07 pm

Thank you! The dress is ah-mazing! It feels so soft!

4. July 24, 2015 / 8:13 pm

I feel like I can already see you wearing that dress and as for that song – it's my jam!! xo, biana –BlovedBoston

5. July 25, 2015 / 3:12 pm

I love the Windsor Dress! And, the story about the rescue dogs was very sad, and I am so glad they had a very happy outcome! I wish all of the animals in the world had such a great story!

• July 27, 2015 / 1:50 pm

I know, I wish all puppies were loved like they deserved!

6. July 26, 2015 / 2:21 pm

I love the cross body bag, the Windsor dress, and the hugging puppies!!! If I ever won a lottery, I would love to build a facility for all unwanted cats and dogs. You could just drop them off…no questions asked! I would take the ones that are on the euthanasia list, and bring them on over! Even if I had to spend all of the winnings, I would!!!

7. July 27, 2015 / 3:33 pm

I'll have to check out the new JCrew line. I'm glad to hear that there is still a lot of color to their clothes. I love Fall but I always find it so depressing when the new fall clothes come out and they're all so brown and drab.

• July 29, 2015 / 5:32 pm

I totally agree Angela! Neutrals are nice but I would take color ANY day of the week 😉

8. July 29, 2015 / 3:35 am

Great J Crew finds! I have a Tory Burch in that same color – it's the best!

• July 29, 2015 / 5:32 pm

It seems like to perfect Fall bag! I can't wait until all my pennies are saved for it 🙂