There’s some rumblin’ in the jungle that the Lilly Pulitzer After-Party Sale will be here Monday, August 17th! I don’t know about you, but that sure gets my heart racing with excitement!! If you’ve shopped the sale before, you know it can be a little bit of a mad-house, so I’m sharing my tips to shop it successfully and with the least amount of stress possible 🙂
1. Get your account up to date: The website will be down for maintenance from 7-8 am so if you want to get your account accurate (which I recommend) you will need to do it before then! So, log in this weekend, enter you payment information/shipping address, and then Monday all you have to do is press “pay” & your treasures will be yours!
2. Check out early & often: It’s no secret that items sell out quickly (and even if they are in your cart they aren’t reserved) and with Lilly offering free shipping with no minimum I would recommend checking out as quick as you can because you can always go back for round 2 (and 3… 4… 5 #nojudgement)! UPDATE: This year everyone will be placed in a virtual “line” and after you checkout you will be sent to the back of the line. So although you can still place multiple purchases know that they can’t be one after another like in years past! This is definitely in an attempt to make it more fair to everyone so I think it is going to be a wonderful thing! 🙂
3. Know when it ends: In years past the sale has lasted three days, but this time around it will be sayonara sale at 11:59 pm Tuesday evening- so don’t wait ’til Wednesday or it won’t be there! (And the next chance to shop at a discount won’t be until January 2016.)
4. Sort by Size- What fun is it to fall in love with an item when it doesn’t come in your size? (No fun that’s what!) So make sure to sort by size when you log in so you don’t waste precious time looking at things that won’t fit! (Don’t know what size you are? I recommend stopping at your nearest Lilly store today and trying on a few things for fit!) Also, all sale items are final sale- so make sure you’re sure before checking out! UPDATE: Corporate stores can participate in the sale this year, so if your size is sold out online call your local store b/c they may have what you want!
5. Check out the Lilly Facebook: Throughout the sale (usually around noon) the Lilly team puts extra items on “Flash Sales” that are not already included in the sale online. You never know what additional bargains you will find!
6. Have Shipping Patience: As you can surely imagine, there are TONS of orders that are being processed from the sale. You’ll hear fabulous stories about customers that get their orders in 1 day… but that’s not the norm! Shipping can often take up to two weeks, so have some patience… and wait excitedly by the mailbox!
7. Keep it in perspective: This sale is a blast- no one is going to deny that! But at the end of the day, it’s just that… a sale. There’s a good chance the site may crash or you may miss out on an item you wanted, but the Lilly team is doing us fans a huge benefit by offering these amazing deals! So don’t get angry- get shopping! 🙂
Alright ladies! Make your list, check it twice, and get ready to finally look forward to a Monday! 🙂