The One Thing That Never Goes Out Of Style

Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (vintage, but I see it all the time on Poshmark!) || Wedges: Merona (option here) || Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne || Apple Watch || Bangles: Bourbon & Bowties || Sunglasses: Target

I think we all have those go-to items in our wardrobe, those things that can always make us feel good. It’s probably no surprise, but for me those items of clothing are always Lilly Pulitzer! (Told you it wasn’t surprising!) And although the bright colors never fail to make me happy, and the cheeky patterns always make me smile, what I love most is that I feel most like myself when I am wearing these pieces. And when I feel most like me, then I’m the most confident me I can be 🙂 (So cheesy! ha)

When I was planning outfits for this shoot, I started to stress out because frankly, I’ve been saving & not shopping very much lately- so I didn’t have all these amazing brand-new pieces to share. But when I really started thinking about what y’all love to see, you always respond best to things that are most authentically “me” and inspire you to break out colors/patterns/styles that you may not always reach for. So I decided instead to pack up a dress that never fails to make me happy (even though it’s a true “vintage” Lilly print) and the truth is I feel the most confident 🙂

Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (vintage, but I see it all the time on Poshmark!) || Wedges: Merona (option here) || Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne || Apple Watch || Bangles: Bourbon & Bowties || Sunglasses: Target

I hope today’s post reminded you (and myself) that it’s not always about having the “newest,” but about surrounding yourself with things that bring you joy, and in joy- confidence! Go out and rock it today 🙂

1. March 15, 2017 / 10:41 am

Yes! I love your attitude. It's so easy to get caught up in the "new", especially when blogging. But this dress is seriously so so cute on you. I LOVE the print!

By Lauren M

2. March 15, 2017 / 11:05 am

This dress looks so good on you! The print is so fun. I have been remixing my wardrobe pieces lately too. It's easy to get caught up in buying the latest and greatest especially when blogging. This is a great message.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire

3. March 15, 2017 / 12:58 pm

That's one of the very best things about Lilly dresses – it doesn't matter how old it is, it is always in style! It's easy to justify buying Lilly things because I know I'm going to get a LOT of wear out of it over the years. Now I just need the temperatures to warm up a little bit so I can bust out some of my favorite dresses!

4. March 15, 2017 / 3:10 pm

I love the vintage Lilly! I reach for mine year after year, they truly never go out of style! So jealous that you're wearing it now, I'm so ready to wear summer dresses.

x Diana // http://www.dianapearl.com

5. March 15, 2017 / 7:39 pm

Such a great dress on you! Love Lilly!

6. March 17, 2017 / 1:51 pm

that's for sure-always looking so darn cute here-have a sunny Friday-Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

7. March 17, 2017 / 7:00 pm

Love this look on you, lady! And completely agreed – the outfit posts that do the best for me are the looks that I love to wear! It's hard not to feel the pressure of needing to buy new clothes all the time since we need to shoot them, but I think you're rocking it!

​xx katie // a touch of teal