Taking Time to Just Soak Up the Sun

Top: Cat & Jack // Shorts: Old Navy // Sandals: c/o Oka-B // Tote Bag: Barrington Gifts // Sunglasses: Target // Apple Watch

Hey Friends! I’m so sorry that I didn’t have today’s post live on Monday. This past weekend was wonderful (like so, so good!) but sleep definitely wasn’t a priority so by Sunday night I was exhausted from going, going, going and I feel asleep so early! Sometimes you just need to check out of “life” and go have fun, you know?!

Lately I’ve been feeling seriously overwhelmed & I need to take this time to enjoy the sunshine, good friends and memory-making. Between work (lots of early mornings and late nights), co-chairing the new member class of the Junior League, and keeping up with the blog, (not to mention my social life & travel!) there just haven’t been enough hours in the day! I’m definitely not complaining, as I’ve mentioned I thrive on being busy, but even I can see that I’ve been busier than usual and it’s starting to take a toll on my energy level. Can any of y’all feel me??

Any who… I didn’t mean to dive so deep today, but sometimes I think it’s nice for y’all to know that there’s a very “real” person behind all these sunshine-filled pictures! I’m so thankful for this busy, wonderful life I live but it’s certainly not perfect! If you have any great tips on balance (or getting more hours in your day) let me know 🙂 ha.

Top: Cat & Jack // Shorts: Old Navy // Sandals: c/o Oka-B // Tote Bag: Barrington Gifts // Sunglasses: Target // Apple Watch

Hope y’all have a great start to your week!

Linking Up with the Trend Spin Linkup

1. May 9, 2017 / 10:46 am

You have so much going on! So glad that you were able to catch up on some sleep. You look adorable!

Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire

2. May 9, 2017 / 11:52 am

Wow, you are a busy girl! Never feel guilty about taking time for yourself! Sleep and family time have been taking priority for me too lately, and I haven't once regretted skipping a blog post! 😉 You look adorable as always. This top is too cute!
    By Lauren M

3. May 9, 2017 / 1:39 pm

I love that monogrammed Barrington bag – they have such cute things. I also totally feel you about priorities, I've reduced to 2 blog posts some weeks, and I feel like I have so much time back!

Meg, Borrowed Heaven

4. May 9, 2017 / 2:46 pm

Balance is so hard to find, isn't it? Some days I feel really frazzled, and then others are downright boring. I totally agree that sometimes you just need a break and enjoy the sunshine.
    I love that tote bag! It's so fun that you can customize it all different ways. It'd be hard to find someone with the exact same bag.

5. May 9, 2017 / 4:24 pm

Such a cute top! And I love the monogrammed bag. I totally understand how you feel about the balance. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I always see that "Beyonce has the same amount of hours in the day as you" thing, but she has like 15 people helping her. Sometimes you just have to take a break and relax!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

6. May 9, 2017 / 7:53 pm

This look is just too cute and I love all the bright colors! That top is just adorable, and it looks perfect for humid weather that I know is coming soon to my area!

Virginia | More to Mrs. E

7. May 10, 2017 / 12:37 pm

Sometimes you just need to take a little break and enjoy life. I totally feel you there! Especially right now when the weather is amazing in FL, how can you not want to be outside enjoying it?! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

8. May 10, 2017 / 11:29 pm

I so feel ya on just needing a few days to relax and unwind!! Living in the sunshine state is just perfect for soaking up the sun! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• May 12, 2017 / 2:19 am

This bag is truly my favorite- so many pockets and ways to customize it! You will adore it!

9. May 12, 2017 / 3:03 am

It's good that you get to enjoy the weather. What a cute casual outfit this ensemble is! Love that fun tote, as well!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com