The Little Things

Top: c/o Make Me Chic || Shorts: J. Crew Factory || Clutch: Sophie & Trey (old, similar here) || Earrings: c/o Shop Kismet || Apple Watch with this band || Sandals: Sam Edelman Gigi

Welcome friends and happy Monday! Who is excited to start a fresh new week?? This past weekend was the first one I was in town for in what feels like forever, and it was so refreshing to catch-up on life, run errands, & see friends. While I am so thankful for all the traveling I have been able to do this year (and more to come) sometimes you just need some low-key time. Thankful I refueled the past few days!

I find that August is always a hard month for me fashion-ways. Down here in FL it’s pretty much the hottest month of the year (I see you 100 degree heat index!) but retails are clearance-ing out the summer styles to make way for fall (say what?!). My instagram becomes a sea of “I can’t wait for PSLs and pumpkins” while i’m here in the sunshine state trying not to sweat my makeup off! #Truth. So how is a girl to dress?

Like pretty much every other closet question, chambray is the answer! This sweet embroidered top has given me so much “end of season” inspiration, and I love that it still incorporates the bright pops of color that I am so crazy about! Obviously right now I can’t even fathom the though of wearing jeans, but wouldn’t this been a fun update to the “Texas tuxedo” this fall with some peep-toes booties?? But for now I’m just going to keep on enjoying all the little things about summer that I dearly love: tassel earrings, bright prints, and those long summer nights! What are you refusing to say goodbye to about summer?

Top: c/o Make Me Chic || Shorts: J. Crew Factory || Clutch: Sophie & Trey (old, similar here) || Earrings: c/o Shop Kismet || Apple Watch with this band || Sandals: Sam Edelman Gigi

1. August 21, 2017 / 11:15 am

I hear you on August being a hard fashion month! It's just SO HOT! I love this cute top, perfect for the heat!

Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire

2. August 21, 2017 / 12:32 pm

This top is so cute and I love the embroidered detail 🙂 I wish I had the same issue with the sunshine but we have had a rubbish summer this year in the UK! I went shopping yesterday and they already have the winter hats and scarves out. I am not looking forward to the nights drawing in though and it being dark at 4pm, it makes me just want to go to bed! x

3. August 21, 2017 / 1:00 pm

Love your top, its so cute.

4. August 21, 2017 / 2:46 pm

I enjoy seeing all the fall looks on my Instagram, but have learned to dress for the weather outside not the calendar living here in the sunshine state. I'll take our hot summers any day over old man winter up north! This chambray top is the perfect choice, love love love the ruffles <3
    Green Fashionista

5. August 21, 2017 / 2:59 pm

Ugh, I'm so with you-Florida 'fall' doesn't happen until like December. I appreciate that you aren't trying to rush it either. So many blogs have fall looks already.

6. August 21, 2017 / 4:33 pm

Happy Monday beautiful ! Love your entire look ! Those earring are perfection ! I've been in Florida in August and YIKES it is truly HOT HOT HOT ! You look fabulous !

7. August 22, 2017 / 2:22 am

I totally feel you here and the fall struggle in summer is real–looking super cute regardless here-Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com
    xx

8. August 22, 2017 / 4:06 pm

August is SO hard!! All the new fall clothes are coming out, but it is like 9 million degrees. It makes getting dressed so hard. That top is too cute on you!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

9. August 22, 2017 / 11:17 pm

This is such a darling top! I love the pretty embroidery! We're getting a taste of fall this weekend! 🙂 xo,Biana-BlovedBoston