Highlight Reel: December

Happy Monday y’all! Welcome to my next new series on the blog- Highlight Reel!!

While I don’t always have “weekending” posts to share on a weekly basis, over the course of the month there is definitely lots of fun to share! Since so many of the posts on here are stylized in nature, I thought this series would be a great way for you to be able to see the “me” behind the blog! December was a jam-packed month, so I have TONS to share with you… so let’s get started!

Some of my girlfriends and I have started a yearly tradition of doing a holiday “Sunday Funday” of sorts; last year we did a pedal pub & this year we did “Kraken” which is a water pedal pub! Y’all it was so much fun! You BYOB, bring some poppin’ tunes, and make fun memories with your gal pals!

Next I celebrated my girl’s Rachael & Krystal’s birthdays (they are twins!) We had another Sunday fun day session with a brunch and bar crawl in downtown St Petersburg- such a fun day & the weather was picture perfect (sorry friends up north)!

Of course, I absolutely had to visit Santa in the month of December, what better way to celebrate Christmas?! This Santa was so kind y’all & I brought my favorite “Dear Santa” bag for a picture perfect shot 🙂

Our sweet Reagan refused to sit in Santa’s lap, but how precious is her outfit?!

There were also tons of great blog events I was lucky enough to attend in the month too! First up I headed to Nieman Marcus to learn more about the amazing organic beauty brand, Juice Beauty! The products are amazing; I’ve ben using the face peel & eye patches recently and can seriously see such a difference!

I’m also THRILLED that Tampa finally got a DryBar!! Whoop Whoop Whoop!! I went to the media preview night and loved getting pampered (& a fabulous new do!)

I think I’ve mentioned a few times that I am co-chairing the Provisional class for the Junior League & these amazing women are building a garden with the Edible Peace Patch to provide a cafeteria garden for one of our local Title 1 schools. We spent a chilly day in December maintaining a current garden on campus and will be planting ours in February!

Of course December wasn’t all go, go, go! There were some cozy nights at home curled up with Buddy (& enjoying some wine too)! (Recognize the old blog design?!)

Finally, I headed home to celebrate Christmas with my family! We just had such a fun & relaxing time together and I loved getting so much quality time in.

I guess I should also address the elephant on the blog… Girl Meets Bow has a BRAND NEW LOOK!! Y’all I am over the moon excited that I took the leap and transitioned the blog from Blogger to WordPress! I am still working out the kinks and getting used to the new server on the back end- but I’m just thrilled with how this turned out. I hope y’all love the new space & please let me know if you see anything that needs updating 🙂 Yippee!!

PS- I cannot recommend Phil over at Pipdig enough! He was absolutely amazing throughout the transition and was just a gem to work with!

1. January 8, 2018 / 7:50 am

Oh my goodness ! I’m loving your new blog design ! I noticed it right away. Happy Monday and the photo of you and your family is gorgeous, I love all the smiles !

January 8, 2018 / 9:40 pm

I’m so glad you like it! It has definitely been a labor of love, but I’m so excited to see it all come together!

2. January 8, 2018 / 8:31 am

girl!! love the new blog–and your own domain!! Congrats!!

Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

January 8, 2018 / 9:41 pm

It’s super exciting! I feel so “official” now! 🙂

3. January 8, 2018 / 11:36 am

Ok that tote bag is too cute.

January 8, 2018 / 9:48 pm

One of my favorite pieces to carry this season!

4. January 8, 2018 / 11:50 am

SUPER jealous ya’ll have a DryBar now in Tampa, we need one in Orlando and if I’m being super picky Seminole County because Orlando traffic is the absolute worst! That pub crawl looks so fun, and yay for time with the fam <3

Green Fashionista

January 8, 2018 / 9:49 pm

I’m already asking myself how many times I can go before it’s labeled an addiction 🙂

5. January 8, 2018 / 12:47 pm

You had such a fun December! I LOVE Juice Beauty and yay for getting a DryBar! I don’t think we have one yet 🙁 And your blog looks amazing! I’m really thinking about making the switch, I’m just nervous about it being super expensive.

January 8, 2018 / 9:51 pm

That’s what was so great about the service I used! All in all it was about $200, but they did way more than any other service I looked into! I’m so happy with how it turned out 🙂 if you ever have any questions or want to chat about it let me know!

6. January 8, 2018 / 5:29 pm

Your blog redesign looks fantastic! Very clean and easy to read!
    And I love seeing all of your outfits in “the wild”, haha.

January 8, 2018 / 9:51 pm

Yay! So glad you like it! I love being able to give y’all a peek into my real life 🙂

7. Chesson @ Magnolia + Main
    January 8, 2018 / 10:05 pm

I am loving the new blog look! And your new Highlight Reel series AND the Happy Hour series… so many fun, exciting changes for 2018. You’re rockin’ it!

January 9, 2018 / 7:46 am

Thank you Chesson! I’m so excited about all the positive changes this year!

8. January 9, 2018 / 6:51 pm

You are so cute! I used to live in the St. Pete/Tampa/New Tampa for a few years. We moved to Orlando as well and now we are in the Pacific Northwest. Your pics remind me of FL!

January 13, 2018 / 7:40 pm

How fun that you are from this area too! I’m sure it’s so different living in the Pacific NW- definitely not the same sunshine 🙂

January 10, 2018 / 8:38 am

I love that!! Glad you’re enjoying the new series gal!