Pop the bubbly! I’m celebrating my 30th birthday tomorrow!
I can hardly believe that tomorrow will mark the beginning of a brand new decade- a decade that begins with a “3” and ends in an “0!” What a joy the last 29 years have been, and yet how much I’m looking forward to seeing what the next decade brings! This year to celebrate, 7 of my best girls are headed with me to… CHARLESTON!! Charleston is my very favorite city and I can’t think of a better place to ring in 30! I’m humbled that so many of my sweet friends would take time out of their busy lives to celebrate me and you know I will be sharing every second of it on IG! 🙂
I thought today it would be fun to share “30 Things” – fun facts, advice, and things I’ve learned. I hope this helps y’all get to know me better and cheers to a brand new decade!!
1. Faith in the Lord will change everything. Not to start out too deep, but the thing that has transformed my life the most in the past few years is diving into my relationship with God and carving out the time to pursue him with my whole heart. It has truly transformed my life & outlook and allowed me to handle difficulty with (what I hope is) Grace and a positive outlook.
2. Find your tribe and love them hard! This is more than a cheesy Pinterest quote, it is the truth. I am incredibly lucky to have an amazing group of friends, but maintaining and building those friendships takes time, commitment, and work. But nothing is more wonderful than getting to go through life with my best friends by my side.
3. I have a tattoo! I’ve shared this before but it always surprises new people 🙂 It’s on my hip so no one ever sees it, but that cute lil guy is still there! For those wondering it’s a Jesus fish with an anchor wrapped around its tail.
4. My favorite movies are a Legally Blonde, The Wedding Planner, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, & Sweet Home Alabama. I love a good chick flick!
5. Besides water, coffee and champagne are my drinks of choice! #popfizzclink #caffeineplease
6. I started my blog when my ex boyfriend and I broke up because all of a sudden I had all this time on my hands! I had always wanted to start one, and once I had the time all the pieces fell into place. My aunt volunteered to do my pictures (and still does!) and the rest is history 🙂
7. Your siblings will become your best friends. My sister and I are 10 years apart, so when we were younger that gap was so big it was hard to relate to each other on a “friend” level. Now that we’re 30 and 20 we have SO much in common and have truly become besties. What a blessing it is to have a built in friend for life!
8. 99% of my iPod/music playlists are filled with country music! I love their soulful lyrics and that they always seem to echo exactly how I am feeling,
9. No matter how old you get, parents always seem to have the best answers and just know how to solve problems. (Thanks mom and dad!)
10. I don’t have an official diagnosis, but my girlfriends would tell you that I’m a total narcoleptic! I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat! My mom laughs at all the strange positions (& spots) that’s she’s found me sleeping in!
11. My favorite bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11, what hope it gives!
12. I would choose hot over cold any day! I can’t handle chattering teeth and chilly temperatures!
13. I’m really bad at being sentimental. I’m always looking ahead to what’s next, and moving ahead to what’s on my agenda, that it’s hard for me to slow down and reflect. That’s part of the motivation behind my word of the year being “savor”!
14. I’m actually a terrible speller & really bad at grammar. It took me almost 30 years to learn how to spell “pencil” and the difference between “angle” and “angel.” You’ve been warned! Ha
15. I also pronounce words wrong… a lot! Two common ones I can’t say right are “divorce” and “theater” – they are hard y’all!
16. If it’s not the right fit- then it’s wrong. When I was with my ex, although I loved him very much, I always kind of knew that we didn’t quite fit. But when you’re young and in love you think it conquers everything & that it will magically put the pieces in place. But if you’re not right for each other, you can’t force change, and you have to realize that walking away is better than settling. Don’t settle! It’s hard but so worth the wait!
17. My favorite food is a hot dog! Don’t tell me what’s in them… I don’t care (ha). I just think they are the best ever & the only reason to go to a baseball game!
18. There is never a bad time to bust into dance moves! Awkward moment in the conversation? Insert a shoulder shimmy! A glass or two of champagne? Drop it low I go! I’m pretty much a dancing queen!
19. My hair is crazy thick, and when I was younger I totally thought it was a curse but now I love that I get big southern volume naturally! The higher the hair the closer to God! ?
20. I can’t fall asleep without music or white noise. I currently am obsessed with the Rain Rain app- it’s amazing!
21. Big surprise, but I’m a social butterfly and a total ham! I thrive in social settings, meeting new people, and getting out and about. I never choose staying home if there’s the opportunity to be out with friends!
22. I hope to cross Italy, London (again) and the Virgin Islands off my travel bucket list in the next decade.
23. Domestically I’d still like to get to Boston, Virginia, Wyoming, Seattle, and Austin.
24. I’d rather fly than drive any day! My max attention span for a road trip is about 5 hours & cars put me to sleep so I’m a pretty terrible copilot! I’ve got lots of stories about falling asleep when I’m supposed to be navigating…
25. Loyalty matters. It sounds cheesy, but be loyal to those you love. Have their back, prioritize them, show them how much you care through the gift of your time. I’ve seen too much recently to know that tomorrow just isn’t promised so show those you love that you do- today!
26. I never say no to dessert! I’ve got a whole mouth of sweet teeth and am always willing to say yes to that final course! #whatdiet
27. I’ve never died my hair, but I did get a perm in college (bad choice). But I’m getting a ton of great hairs so this may be changing soon!
28. Do what you can with what you have. Volunteering and giving back is so important to me, and it’s taught me the power that we have to impact those around us. While you may not be able to write a huge check, if you can give your time or talents then do… find a way to use your life to serve others and I promise you won’t regret it!
29. Dare to dream. The minute I heard about my (now) career field in buying I started dreaming of this being my role. And once I started dreaming then I was inspired to make a plan of how I could get there. I’ve been told no a lot, but I’ve also convinced a lot of people to say yes 🙂 dream big and don’t let anything stand in your way!
30. Be grateful. I feel like this could be an entire post in itself, but wherever you are in life, whatever you’re doing or waiting for, be grateful. The lord has a purpose and a reason for this very moment and being grateful for it allows you to open your eyes to the reason and the lessons to learn.
Thank you so much for reading- I’m so grateful for y’all and excited to experience this next chapter with you!