Instagram Changes + The Cutest Spring Stripes

Dress: Impeccable Pig Charleston (call the store to order) || Wedges: Antonio Melani (old, similar here) || Clutch: Nordstrom (sold out, this is exact & under $50!) || Apple Watch with this band

I warned you a few weeks ago that blue, white, & pink were going to be my spring color pallet- and this dress proves my point y’all! 🙂 It’s super hard to see in these pictures, but this dress has petite blue and white stripes all over it with the prettiest navy embroidery- it just screams “Spring” to me and from the comments on this Instagram post y’all loved it too!

Straw/wicker is THE material of the season when it comes to accessories so this clutch makes me so happy and the pom pom trim is such a fun finishing touch! My clutch is actually from Nordstrom but it’s sold out twice, so I found an identical version from my friends at the Knotty Tassel that y’all will love!

So now let’s chat Instagram changes shall we? Last week IG announced that it was shutting down API links – which basically means that they are no longer allowing 3rd party apps to integrate into the app. So what does this mean? In layman terms it means that when you “like” a picture powered by LiketoKnowit (the affiliate linking company that I use) it no longer sends an email to your inbox with stoppable details. Bummer I know!!

The good news is you can still shop your favorite bloggers pics- and I’m going to tell you how!

1- I’ve added a new page to my blog called “SHOP MY IG” which has all my recent Instagrams linked. On the page just click on the picture you like and all the links will pop up right there!

2- Download the “LiketoKnowIt” App from the iTunes/Android store and from there you can “follow” your favorite bloggers and get all the stoppable details of their IG right there on the app!

3- Within Instagram you can screenshot your favorite pictures and the stoppable details will pop up right there in the app (that you downloaded in step 2!)

While there are a few extra/different steps in order to shop your favorite accounts, hopefully this explains some of the changes and helps give you some alternatives on how to shop them. If you ever have any questions about it (or want more information on what LTKit is/how I make commissions) I would always be happy to answer them! I’m an open book!

Thank you so much for reading and have a wonderful Wednesday! XO

1. Biana
    April 11, 2018 / 6:24 am

I love anything that has pockets on it!! Such a darling dress on you 🙂 xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

2. April 11, 2018 / 8:43 am

You are killing it lately! This dress is the cutest and the straw clutch is the icing on the cake. I feel like Instagram just keeps trying to commit suicide. Every change they make just makes the app less interesting to me. It’s definitely dying a slow death.

Thank you so much for your kind words today Gentry. They are so greatly appreciated.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire

April 12, 2018 / 6:42 am

Friends- aren’t we lucky that we’ve spent our energy on our blogs too? So glad all our eggs are not in one basket!

3. April 11, 2018 / 1:09 pm

This dress is the cutest!! I can’t wait for warm weather and to wear all the dresses!

4. April 11, 2018 / 5:07 pm

Love this dress! Anything blue and white!

April 12, 2018 / 6:40 am

I could definitely see you in this!

5. April 11, 2018 / 7:59 pm

How sweet is this dress on you, so pretty! Girlllll Instagram is so not on my good side lately. Engagement has plummeted worse than ever, and then the whole LTKit change. Trying to stay positive!
    Green Fashionista

April 12, 2018 / 6:38 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling the pinch! I’m so glad I’ve cultivated my blog and haven’t only relied on IG to grow! We’ve got this!

April 14, 2018 / 1:26 pm

Yes- definitely made me refocus on the blog and watering my grass here!

6. April 12, 2018 / 6:57 pm

so, smart you wrote it all down for readers to know where to shop! I am still not used getting those emails anymore! LOL I love your dress-bring-on-spring!–Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

April 14, 2018 / 1:25 pm

I know it’s so strange! I hate all the extra steps, but I guess that’s the ever changing world of social media!

7. April 16, 2018 / 3:21 am

That’s such a cute dress you got there dear! Loving its simplicity and cute details, so perfect on you! Your pompom clutch bag is the cutest too!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com