My Heart for the Blog

Dress: c/o SheIn || Clutch: Nordstrom (old, similar here) || Sandals: Sam Edelman || Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne || Apple Watch with this Band

Happy Monday friends! Welcome to a brand new week- and I have so much fun in store for you I can’t even contain myself!! So over the weekend, I had a little bit of a “revelation” if you will, and I thought today, as we gear up for another week, would be the perfect day to share it.

It’s no secret that as a blogger it’s a goal to constantly grow your following – and that has been made incredibly difficult to do honestly due to changes on social media platforms (I see you IG algorithms) as well as a saturation of bloggers in the marketplace. So, I was kind of getting bummed last week because my Instagram wasn’t growing as fast as other girls who started their blogs years after I did, and my page views aren’t increasing at the rate I want them to. (I know this sounds so petty in comparison to the BIG issues going on in the news/world, but stick with me we’re getting somewhere.)

I decided my little “poor pitiful me” attitude needed to hit the road so I started to pray about the blog. It is my heart that while this blog is focused on clothes, shopping, and a little big of life- that what you really walk away from here with it JOY. Joy to try something new, joy at little things in life, joy over finding that fabulous pair of wedges – silly things that bring happiness. Above all I want the love & grace of the Lord to radiate through these pages! So as I was praying the Lord just kind of showed me/told this:

“Gentry, if from this day forward you never gain another follower or page view, I have given you your current flock and need you to LOVE THEM WELL. It’s not about who’s coming, but who is here right now.”

Y’all this simple thought rocked me- I’m always SO hyper-focused on what’s next (and who’s coming) and I need to serve and love well each of you darling gals who are here now! It’s about YOU and inspiring you and bringing you joy and happiness- and if I never grow any bigger the Lord has me right where he wants me, and we’ve got some joyful work to do!

It was a simple reminder, and a small shift in mindset, but it has already made a huge difference for me as I plan and dream about this space of mine. I hope you know how adored you are- and that I’m truly grateful and thankful you take time to stop by, leave sweet comments, and share your hearts with me! Love y’all!

June 13, 2018 / 7:01 am

Thank you Katie- you are such a doll and I appreciate you stopping by!

1. June 11, 2018 / 9:42 am

Beautiful dress, beautiful post! I love what what you wrote! TFS!

June 13, 2018 / 7:00 am

Thank you Amy!

2. June 11, 2018 / 11:19 am

What a great message! I love following your blog! You are the sweetest and always have the cutest outfits!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

June 13, 2018 / 7:01 am

YOU are so sweet Jacqueline!! Thank you!

3. June 11, 2018 / 8:33 pm

This dress is simply stunning on you, and loving this new mindset. It’s SO hard not to compare myself, and get caught up in the numbers game. I’ve been on Insta since it started and have barely broken 2k followers, and this algorithm is killin’ me Smalls! I used to average about 200 likes per photo, today didn’t even break 50. Yipes!
    Green Fashionista

June 13, 2018 / 6:59 am

It’s crazy how much IG has changed! As much as I enjoy the connection & fresh inspiration, it can still be frustrating too. We just got to keep supporting each other!

4. Biana
    June 11, 2018 / 8:39 pm

It is really hard to not get down about numbers and likes, but you have a great outlook and I needed that! xo, Biana

June 13, 2018 / 6:58 am

So glad you found this outlook helpful 🙂 We are all in this together!

5. June 12, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Oh my gosh, Gentry, I love this post! Blogging is definitely not as easy as it seems! You have been such an inspiration to me, and in my eyes, you are wildly successful and what I aspire to! XOXO

June 13, 2018 / 7:02 am

Thank you Mandy- that is so so sweet of you! It’s definitely work but so worth it when you see the hard work pay off!

6. June 12, 2018 / 6:40 pm

It can be so easy to get caught up in numbers in the society we live in. That sucks the joy out of life! You’ll enjoy and bring joy so much more freely without that as the focus. Love it! 😉 xo – Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

June 13, 2018 / 7:03 am

Yes yes x 1000 to this!! You are so right Brenda!