Daily Rejection

Tropical Blouse: Old Navy (similar) || Jeans: J. Crew || Bag: Barrington Tote || Apple Watch || Sandals: Sam Edelman

I know what you’re thinking y’all, “daily rejection?! What an uplifting topic for a Tuesday (not)!” But stick with me friends, I promise we’re going to get somewhere good!

Last night I started “Uninvited” as part of my Thursday morning bible study, and to be honest I wast really sure if it was going to relate to me. The byline says “living loved when you feel less than, left out, and lonely.” Surely that doesn’t describe me daily! I’ve never thought about any portion of my life as lonely or feeling left out (and I do feel lucky to say that)!

But then something happened… I hopped on my Instagram and saw that I had lost ANOTHER 5 followers. And I felt it- rejection! “Why isn’t my content good enough?” “Do they not like me?” “What am I doing wrong?” And all of a sudden all the lessons in the book seemed 100% relevant to me! In this world of social media we face daily rejection and perpetual feelings of not feeling good enough- but that’s because we are putting our faith and valuing our worth by the wrong thing. We can only get real value and worth when we place our faith in the Lord- HIS truths are unchanging and in him we face no daily rejections. Isn’t that comforting?!

Hope y’all have the sweetest day!

1. October 9, 2018 / 11:55 am

That is truly comforting! Especially with the age of social media and how truly mean “keyboard warriors” can be. Or trolls that are just out to hurt us. Wonderful post!

October 11, 2018 / 9:54 pm

Yes it can be hard out there for a blogging girl! So thankful for women like you who support each other!

2. October 9, 2018 / 2:49 pm

I have that shirt!! 🙂 Keep being bold in your faith. Love you. -Jor

October 10, 2018 / 4:52 am

Thank you friend!!

3. October 9, 2018 / 5:07 pm

Isn’t it crazy how sometimes you read something and don’t know that you’ll need it? I’m sorry to hear of your frustration of social media. I am constantly having those ups and downs that you’re facing as well.

October 11, 2018 / 9:53 pm

It’s nice to know that we are not alone – we are all in this together!

4. October 11, 2018 / 9:16 am

Such a great post. It is so hard to not feel that rejection in a world of social media, I love your prospective!
    Running to Old Navy now for this top and definitely getting this bag!

xx, Elise

October 11, 2018 / 9:52 pm

So glad that in this world of social media we can connect with each other! Enjoy the top!

5. October 12, 2018 / 3:50 am

This is super inspiring dear. Glad you share posts like this, this is such a great read. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

October 13, 2018 / 7:58 am

So glad it inspired you!

6. October 16, 2018 / 3:19 pm

Hey – you should share more from that bible study. There is a lot of insincerity, falsity and egotism on Instagram unfortunately. But it can also be uplifting, positive, supportive and a great way to meet new people. I particularly don’t like the way however, companies and individuals with what they see as more power and ‘influence’ use it to follow people and then dump those followers, hoping you don’t notice – to increase the gap between the followers and following. Companies do it and it really puts me off ever buying from them. Equally people who call themselves ‘Christians’ do it or ‘ladies’ or ‘gentlemen’ – it is really sad. I think to a certain extent we have to ignore it. I understand people who unfollow when they aren’t followed back, but when they are it is just so fake. Great topic here – and one that is so relevant right now! Joanne xx

October 20, 2018 / 8:05 am

Hi Joanne! I agree with everything you’ve said. There is so much inauthentic behavior through social media and that’s why I’ve been trying to open up more about the “real stuff” going on in my life and the world! I definitely plan to share more from my bible study as I go through it as well as sharing a few of the favorite studies I’ve done! Xo