How to Dress Like a Prep

How to capture a timeless look with preppy style!

Plaid Navy Ruffle Top (on major sale!) || Red Ruffle Skirt (size up! On major sale!) || Booties || Leopard Clutch (similar linked)

Ohhhh preppy style- it’s just my very favorite! While you may never be on the cutting edge of a trend, you’ll also never be out of style! That preppy look is timeless, a real classic, and one that I find myself being inspired by more and more as I get older!

Lucky for me, preppy style has been an influential fashion force for quite some time, so these days it’s pretty easy to find lots of pieces to create these timeless looks! When I wore this outfit to work the other day I joked that I felt like a “northern prepster” and truth be told those feelings haven’t changed! πŸ™‚

One of my favorite parts of this look is the navy top with plaid ruffle trim. Layering can be hard for me because it often feels stiff, scratchy, and kind of suffocating! That’s why I’m drawn to pieces that do the layering for you- it’s like the “look for less!” Except that “less” is less discomfort! Ha.

Tell me, are you drawn to preppy style like I am?

1. Biana
    January 21, 2019 / 2:01 pm

You’re so right – preppy doesn’t go out of style ever!! The ruffle skirt is adorable! xo, Biana

2. January 22, 2019 / 6:23 am

That is such a cute skirt and I like the little printed details on your top, it’s such a cute touch! πŸ™‚

Hope that you are having a great start to your week πŸ™‚ I just posted my weekday wear linkup, I’d love you to join! πŸ™‚

Away From The Blue Blog

January 23, 2019 / 8:25 pm

Thank you Mica! I love the details in the top too πŸ™‚

3. January 22, 2019 / 7:55 am

Preppy is so classic and you’re right, never goes out of style! Your ruffle skirt is darling! Love the color!

Jill – Doused in Pink

January 23, 2019 / 8:24 pm

Definitely a timeless look!

4. January 22, 2019 / 11:19 am

I have never been interested in being on the edge of fashion and style! Haha! Preppy is so cute and timeless, and I feel quite comfortable in those parameters.
    You look so happy in these photos!

January 23, 2019 / 8:24 pm

Definitely so happy lately- lots of fun reasons why!:) So glad you’re a fellow prep lover!

5. January 24, 2019 / 11:54 pm

So cute dear! Love the skirt you have here, really pretty with the black sweater.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

6. January 25, 2019 / 12:11 pm

Absolutely! I have always used the American Preppy look in my wardrobe – mixed with classic English looks – think Preppy Handbook x 80s Sloane Ranger haha – hopefully with a modernish twist. I like the sportier look of the preppy look – mixed with tweeds etc. Great post – would love to see more on this. J xx

January 28, 2019 / 5:16 am

I’m so glad you love the style too! It’s definitely something I’m adding more and more of to my closet!