Learning to Savor

Sharing how my 2018 word of the year, “savor” continues to impact my daily life!

Fairisle Sweater: J. Crew (on sale for 70% off!) || Red Puffer Vest: J. Crew Factory || Jeans: Wit + Wisdom (best ever!) || Black Boots: Uggs

Last year my word of the year was “savor” and it was such a positive reminder throughout the year to stop, slow down, and really enjoy the moment that I am in rather than rushing ahead to the next one (I have a really bad habit of doing that)! January 1st came this year and after a relaxing family vacation to Waynesville, NC (where these pics were shot) and it kind of felt like being shot out of a cannon! It’s been go, go, go these past few weeks and it won’t be slowing down anytime soon!

So this week, in the midst of the hustle and constant movement, I found the word “savor” popping back into my head. And I was reminded once again to stop, slow down, and enjoy the moment. Even when the moments are busy and crazy I know that one day I’m going to miss them. Right? Each stage of life is so different and I know that once I cross into the next one I’m going to look back at these days and say “remember when I was able to have meetings 5x a week and still get in happy hours with the girl’s?”

So, if you ever struggle with hurtling ahead too fast, join me in slowing down & savoring each and every beautiful moment!

Love making memories with my sweet baby sister!

1. January 24, 2019 / 7:48 am

Savor is something we all definitely need to do more often! I’m not sure why it’s so hard to slow down.
    LOVE this outfit Gentry! The colors are popping! And you are your sister could not look more alike!

January 26, 2019 / 6:13 am

It is definitely a daily practice for me to learn to slow down! But so worth it when we can 🙂

2. January 24, 2019 / 11:44 am

I love that word, such a great reminder to slow down. Love this photos, your sweater and vest are so pretty and that photo of you and your sister is fabulous. What beautiful girls!

xx, Elise

January 27, 2019 / 7:48 pm

It’s definitely a daily habit/reminder but I love slowing down and savoring. Thank you Elise!

3. b
    January 24, 2019 / 2:24 pm

i love that puffer vest with that sweater. such a great combo and a personal fave color.
    b

January 25, 2019 / 7:02 am

Yay thank you so much!

4. January 26, 2019 / 4:31 am

Have you hear of the Zen Buddist monk Thich Naht Hahn Gentry? He wrote a book called ‘Savor’ about living the moment (and enjoying food :)) – it is a great sentiment. I love your outfit – OF COURSE the sweater is J Crew, they have the best preppy inspired clothes (my pilgrimage to their store will one day come…) Have a super weekend xx

January 29, 2019 / 9:37 pm

I haven’t heard of that book but of course I love the name 🙂 Thanks for sharing!!

5. January 28, 2019 / 2:57 am

Such a beautiful read dear. Also, love the vest and sweater combo you got there, so fun and cozy.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com