Why I Love Living in Florida

There’s so many things I love about living in Florida- and I’m sharing them today!

Maxi Dress: Hi Sugarplum x Nordstrom (size down- wearing an XS) || Sandals: Amazon (under $20) || Sunglasses: c/o Amazon || Pink Clutch: c/o Lyla Taylor Boutique || Apple Watch

Hi Friends and Happy Wednesday! This week has been zooming by so quickly it’s been hard to stop and catch my breath!

Today I thought it would be fun to share some things about Florida and why I love living here so much! Y’all might not know this but I’m a Florida native- I was born in Tampa, raised in Orlando, and now live in St Petersburg (which is totally not normal! Most people here are transplants vs. natives to the state!). I had a short 2 year stint in Kansas right out of college, but other than that I’ve always lived here. While I love to travel & see as much of the country/world as possible- there is nothing like coming home and each time I drive over the bridge and see the sun shining on the water I remember how much I LOVE this state and my sweet, sunny home 🙂

So what do I love so much about living here? Let me share!

The 365 sunshine! Lately I’ve been traveling to NY & PA for work a bunch and I totally forgot how gray and overcast it is all winter. Coming home to a state bathed in sunshine with sun reflecting on the water and boats zipping past makes my heart so very happy!

Palm Trees Everywhere you Look! Other states may have oak trees, magnolias, and weeping willows- but I will take towering palm trees any day of the week 🙂 We always joke that instead of decorating Christmas trees we decorate palms- and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

The Laid Back Lifestyle! Sandals are part of our business casual uniform, sundresses are our Sunday best, and croakies basically are our form of jewelry- it’s pretty casual here! Because we live so much of our lives on the beach, boat, and in the sun our lifestyle reflects that. I’m sure you can see that through the fashion I share on here as well but I’ve grown to just adore the speed of life down here!

What do you love about where you live? I’d love to hear more about it in the comments below!

April 3, 2019 / 9:24 pm

There is definitely more to see! Come on down anytime 🙂

April 4, 2019 / 9:26 am

Thank you!

1. Biana
    April 3, 2019 / 10:57 am

I miss Florida for all those reasons!! Mostly the weather LOL!! You look great girl! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

April 3, 2019 / 9:24 pm

Yes Boston is definitely a culture shock of weather!

2. April 3, 2019 / 10:58 am

YESSSSS to all of this! After growing up in Connecticut, you couldn’t pay me enough to move back. Those long dreary winters are no joke, and the sunshine and palm trees down here make my heart happy. And let’s talk about how gorgeous that dress is on you <3

Green Fashionista

April 4, 2019 / 9:25 am

Yes girl! So glad you found your way down to Florida!!

3. Robin
    April 3, 2019 / 1:13 pm

This is such a cute dress and I always enjoy a trip to Florida! My area is similar in sunny days and palm trees in every corner, however we don’t have the luxury beaches and festive activities! My husband and I will be Visitng Key West this summer so if you have any recommendations on that place please share!
    -Robin
    Runwayteacher.com

April 4, 2019 / 9:31 am

Ohhh I love Key West! Definitely make sure to eat at Blue Haven… it was soooooo good! And take a boat ride/sunset cruise- the island is so pretty then!

4. April 3, 2019 / 2:33 pm

Amen! One random thing I’ve noticed about other states is that most of the roads are in terrible condition! I think weather has a lot to do with it, but I know our tourist dollars go into the roads and they are so much nicer!
    My brother recently moved to NYC and he is a having a hard time with the winter! Especially cause we are in shorts down here already and he it’s snowing there.

April 4, 2019 / 9:31 am

Oh yes Kansas had terrible potholes when i was there!

5. April 3, 2019 / 4:12 pm

Oh how I love love love Florida !! I grew up visiting my grandparents in West Palm, La Belle and also Long Boat Key. I have so many fun memories. You are a ray of sunshine and I always enjoy reading your blog posts !!

April 4, 2019 / 9:26 am

Love south Florida as well- such a cool culture in Miami, West Palm, and the keys!

6. April 3, 2019 / 5:31 pm

You have the cutest style. I think we’d like a lot of the same things. Totally love that dress for the summer.

April 4, 2019 / 9:25 am

Thanks so much Julie! Love finding a style soul-sister 🙂

7. April 4, 2019 / 1:10 am

I lived in all those places! I moved to St. Petersburg, lived in Tampa and moved to Orlando! I am now back in my home state but Florida is a really relaxing place that is so sunny!

April 4, 2019 / 9:24 am

How cool that we’ve lived in all the same cities! Where is your home state?

April 4, 2019 / 9:24 am

Come on down!! It’s truly the happiest place to live- who can be mad about all that sun!?

8. April 4, 2019 / 2:48 pm

I love visiting Florida, especially St. Petersburg (actually heading there soon, any spots you’d recommend?!)!! New York winters are grey, so I’m so thankful that the warmer weather is on its way. I may forever be jealous of your gorgeous year-round weather!

April 5, 2019 / 10:00 pm

Oh yay that will be so much fun! I’ll work on some ideas for recommendations 🙂 So much to do and see here!

9. April 4, 2019 / 11:31 pm

Florida is such a gorgeous state! I love all your reasons for loving it. Can’t wait to head back someday soon!
    Caitlin
    LemonadePressBlog.com

April 5, 2019 / 9:59 pm

Come visit any time!

10. Christina
    April 6, 2019 / 6:09 pm

Sooo jealous of all your sun! We love our visits to the sunshine state!