5 Ways to Be Happier

Y’all know happiness is my jam- so I’m sharing 5 ways to be happier today!

Yellow Gingham Jumpsuit || Gold Scalloped Sandals || Apple Watch with this band || Black Aviators (under $20!)

Happy Monday friends! I can hardly believe that it’s July! This year is literally flying by so fast and I really wish it would slow down for a second! Summer is my favorite season and I feel like it’s going to be over before I’m able to fully enjoy it! #adulting

As we kick off the second half of the year, I thought it was the perfect time to talk about one of my favorite subjects- being happy! It’s no secret that I have a pretty sunny disposition, and I do believe that not everyone is as “look on the bright side” as me πŸ™‚ There are definitely people who are more naturally positive or negative in their outlooks, but that doesn’t mean we can’t all do some simple things to make our lives happier! So today I’m sharing a few “happiness tips” that I hope will brighten your day and improve your outlook!

5 WAYS TO BE HAPPIER:

ONE: Turn off Comparison Mode

Goodness, I think if we could all master this one our happiness levels would improve 1000 percent! The times I most find my happy outlook dampening, are the times when I find myself caught up in the comparison game- and when I don’t feel like my life is “enough” as it is. While there’s no simple way to turn off the comparison switch, when I’m able to do it I find that I am SO much happier!

TWO: Do an Act of Kindness for Someone Else

There is literally nothing that brings me more joy, then finding a way to bring joy to someone else! These acts of kindness don’t have to be elaborate (grab Starbucks for a friend, or offer to watch your friend’s kiddos so they can have date night) but I guarantee that you will see your spirits lift when you take some time to do something for another!

THREE: Take a Breather

Our lives are pretty “go go go” these days, and it’s far to easy to get so caught up in the “doing” that we don’t take a minute to slow down and just “be”. I find that when I’m feeling stressed out & like the Tasmanian devil on the loose, that taking 5 minutes to breathe, take a walk, calm my busy brain, & reset my outlook is just what I need to reset my happiness levels! It’s ok to take a break when you need one!

FOUR: Start Your Day with Quiet Time

This has been a game-changer for me! I used to try and squeeze in my quiet time/bible study before bed, and I was always exhausted and half the time I’d fall asleep before completing it! 2 years ago I switched to mornings (I am a morning person!) and it has made my day soooo much better! Starting my day off with biblical truths, prayer, and the right outlook helps me to head into my day positive and ready to tackle what comes my way!

FIVE: Enjoy a Cup of Coffee (or a simple pleasure!)

Similar to taking a breather, find a simple pleasure that makes you happy (for me it’s a good cup of coffee!) and find a way to work it into your day! I always start my day with a cup (or two!) of coffee- and it’s as much about the caffeine rush as it is about the simple pleasure of the yummy drink. So maybe for you it’s an evening walk, an afternoon cookie, diner with your family- whatever it is, enjoy it as often as you can! I look forward to that morning routine and it brings me such happiness to enjoy it!

So what do y’all do to bring more happiness into your day? I’m all ears!

If you want more “happy talk” then check out this post on How I Stay Positive!

July 1, 2019 / 9:47 am

Ahhh thank you friend! I so appreciate that feedback πŸ™‚

1. July 1, 2019 / 9:39 am

These are all great ways to be happier, I will try to apply them to my everyday life.
    This gingham jumpsuit is making me very happy, you look like a beautiful ray of sunshine!

xx, Elise

July 1, 2019 / 9:47 am

Thank you so much Elise! Let me know how these tips work out for you!

2. July 1, 2019 / 11:11 am

Loving this jumpsuit – I just knew it was from Old Navy! I’m loving their gingham this summer. Wonderful tips on happiness too, I often forget some of these so this was a great reminder.

Felicity | http://oliverandmoose.blogspot.com

July 13, 2019 / 8:31 am

They have the cutest summer pieces right now! I’m loving them!

3. July 1, 2019 / 12:31 pm

This is the cutest outfit girl and exactly what I think of when I think of the word “happy”. I think your tips are right on. When I feel like I need a reset, I turn off social media and sit out by the pool with a book and ice cold lemonade.

I also think it is so good that you mentioned doing an act of kindness. There is truly nothing that brings more joy than doing something for another.

Great post girl!

xoxo,
    Juliana Grace | http://www.julianagraceblogspace.com

July 12, 2019 / 5:56 am

Hi Juliana! I am loving your idea of sitting by the pool and grabbing a good book- what a perfect way to reset! Thanks for sharing with us!

4. July 2, 2019 / 1:34 pm

These photos themselves make me happy!
    I recently took a meditation class and it was very relaxing.

July 13, 2019 / 8:30 am

How cool! I bet that was a great experience!

5. July 2, 2019 / 9:41 pm

That gingham jumpsuit is super adorable on you dear! And yes, comparing yourself to others is the worst thing you can do for yourself.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

6. robin
    July 3, 2019 / 7:29 pm

How can you not have a good day when wearing this cute yellow jumpsuit! I love everything about this! I also love the tips you share. I think I need to take a breather approach. my mind is always flying and going!
    -Robin
    Runwayteacher.com

July 13, 2019 / 8:27 am

Thanks Robin! Taking a breather is always a great place to start πŸ™‚

7. July 8, 2019 / 4:39 am

What a fun topic and I really loved to read your tips on more happiness.
    Have a great start to the week.

lots of love, Miri

July 13, 2019 / 8:30 am

Thank you Miri! I hope you have a great week as well!