I’m Back in the USA! + Conflicted Thoughts on the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale…

Patchwork Dress (Rob’s matching shorts here) || Gold Scalloped Sandals|| Pom Pom Clutch (similar linked) || Under $20 Clutch option here || Apple Watch with this band

Hi friends!! Happy Thursday! I can’t believe a week has gone by since we last chatted, but it was so good to unplug & take a break while I traveled to Austria and Amsterdam! As I mentioned, it was my first time traveling internationally since I was 12 (and felt like the first time!) so I loved embracing my time over there and really soaking in every second! Not having my head in my phone meant I could soak in every memory over there! Of course, I took about 1000 pictures, and have been brainstorming lots of fun content to share with you guys over the next few weeks! I definitely learned a lot about international travel, customs, and packing as well as exploring to amazing countries! Stay tuned and let me know if there’s anything specific you want to see!

Now on to the next topic on hand… the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and my super conflicted feelings about covering it! As I’m sure you know (it’s already been blasted for the past month!) The Nordstrom anniversary sale happens once a year and is a preseason sale and all the new fall pieces hitting the stores. It launches Friday to cardholders, and next week to the public. Here is where my conflict comes in… Even though I’m a blogger, and in the industry, I’m already sick of hearing about it (I can’t imagine how you, the readers feel). Well it is amazing to get preseason deals on new pieces, I found that over the last few years I buy a ton of stuff in the sale that I can’t wear until almost December (thanks Florida heat) and by the time December gets here I’m so sick of looking at it hanging in my closet that I barely wear it. As I am trying to budget better, and simplify my need for more “stuff” – stocking up on things I can’t wear seems counter intuitive.

In addition, over the last few months, my analytics have showed me that you girls are just like me! You loves splurging on really special pieces (hello Lilly Pulitzer!) but Day to Day you are budget babes! Target, Amazon, and sale finds are your faves (and mine too!). Knowing that you love really special pieces and unique finds, Sharing the same items everyone else is sharing doesn’t really seem like “me.”

So what’s a fashion blogger to do?! I thought about it for a long time on my plane ride home yesterday, and here’s what I’m thinking… I’m going to head to Nordstrom on Saturday with the intention of finding colorful, wear now, special pieces that are “different” from what you’re going to see everywhere else! If I can find these kind of pieces, I’ll have a dressing room diary and try on session next week! If I can’t find these pieces… then you won’t see Sale coverage here! Staying true to my brand and this blog is my #1 priority (along with finding you girls the absolute best finds!) how does that sound?? I would love to know what y’all think & if we’re on the same page!

I had to leave y’all with my favorite picture in this dress- I mean how cute does Rob look in the matching shorts?! He’s such a sport for indulging my matching dreams 🙂

I’m so happy to be back (I jumped in Robs arms Bachelorette style last night) and can’t wait to get back in the groove! Hope y’all have the best Thursday!

1. July 11, 2019 / 7:38 am

Welcome home! We are going to the Netherlands at the end of this month, so I really hope you share your tips on Amsterdam! We have a few things planned, but left some room to do some exploring.
    I totally agree about the NSale! I find it so annoying every year, but I know a lot of bloggers make a good amount of money with all of the posts. I understand sharing one post with your real life picks, but the endless posts about opening a new credit card and all of that gets ridiculous!

July 13, 2019 / 8:26 am

Oh my goodness- you are going to have the BEST time! If all goes well I will share my first travel diary next week and can’t wait to show y’all what we were up to! It’s such an amazing country and you will LOVE exploring it!

2. July 11, 2019 / 3:31 pm

Welcome back girl! I love this cute dress on you.

I am SOOO happy to finally find a blog post today that doesn’t cover the Nordstrom Sale. I hate that things like this make people so anxious for the next season or the next holiday, etc.. instead of enjoying the season we are in. We all couldn’t wait for summer to get here and now that it has everyone is ready for Fall, ugh!

Also, as a fellow Floridian, I am so appreciative because half of the pieces people are sharing I will NEVER wear here, ha (:

Keep up the good blogging girl and staying true to yourself!

xoxo,
    Juliana Grace | http://www.julianagraceblogspace.com

July 13, 2019 / 8:31 am

I am so so glad that you are on the same page gf! I feel refreshed to be taking my own approach and going at the sale “my way.” This girl would rather Amazon/Target shop these days- and I’m OK with that! 🙂

3. July 12, 2019 / 9:37 am

Welcome home sweet friend! And GIRL you NAILED it – exactly how I feel about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I’ve been over all the coverage this week already, and everyone in real life could care less about the sale. No one I know wants to spend gobs of money on fall clothes right now especially here in Florida. Like you – I will be on the lookout for good deals on wear now pieces and that’s it. I may or may not even cover it on the blog. We shall see <3

Green Fashionista

July 13, 2019 / 8:31 am

So glad to hear your perspective Kate & thank you for your support! XO

4. Kelly Roll
    July 12, 2019 / 10:08 am

I am so thankful that you were taking this approach. I am so tired of seeing winter sweaters in July. With back to school I have to watch what I spend and I need pieces I can wear now. Thank you for staying true! Glad you are back!

July 13, 2019 / 8:25 am

I am so glad that you feel the same way and that this encourages you! Staying true to my budget has never felt so good 🙂

5. Jackie
    July 12, 2019 / 11:02 pm

How does the patchwork dress run? TTS or did you size down? I’m looking to snag one on EBay or Poshmark. Thanks!! 🙂

July 13, 2019 / 8:24 am

Hi Jackie! It runs TTS but since it’s meant to fit loosely I think you could also size up! I’m normally a small & wearing a medium since it’s all I could snag at the store 🙂 Hope that helps!