Living In the Moment

Ruffle-Neck Floral Dress (Gibson x Hi Sugarplum) || Bow Wedges (similar linked) || Monogrammed Cork Clutch (similar linked) || Apple Watch with this band || Pink Bamboo Earrings c/o

Hi friends! Hope your week has been going great- it feels like it’s flying by and it’s going to be full blown fall before we know it!

Today I wanted to chat about something I know my fellow millennials can probably agree we all struggle with (and these days probably everyone struggles to some extent): living in the moment! It’s far too easy these days to live our lives behind screens- tv screens, computer screens, phones, and tablets- they’ve all made our lives so easy and convenient, but are they standing in the middle of our relationships?!

If you saw my stories over the weekend, then you caught that three of my college best friends were here for the weekend, and I noticed something so refreshing – none of us were distracted by our phones! Other than snapping a few pictures to capture the memories, we were all enjoying girl talk and some quality time with each other! It was sooooo nice! By the end of the weekend, I felt like I had such deep conversations, and really got quality time in. But had we been distracted by our phone, all scrolling, tweeting, texting, we would have missed those special moments and great conversations!

It’s way too easy to get caught in our phones and all of a sudden 20 minutes have passed and you totally missed what everyone was talking about! So friends, from one millennial to another, can I encourage you to put down the phone, look around, and enjoy the special moment you’re in? Not to be a cheeseball, but these are the only moments we get and we don’t get them back, so it’s worth it to soak up every single one!

I’m certainly not an expert on the topic, so if you have ideas or thoughts to add be sure to comment below!

1. August 21, 2019 / 9:01 pm

Sounds like the perfect weekend! Technology is great but we can miss a lot if we are always engrossed in it. I’m loving the print of your dress! So darling on you!

Jill – Doused in Pink

August 25, 2019 / 1:27 pm

Technology can be a blessing & a curse- that’s for sure! This dress is definitely a winner 🙂

2. August 21, 2019 / 10:49 pm

Being present is SO IMPORTANT and something I totally relate to! This past weekend I was in Nashville, and I actually turned off my phone completely for a few hour chunks just to take a break and be fully present! It was so nice.

​xx katie // a touch of teal

August 25, 2019 / 5:17 am

It’s the best feeling to be fully present & just enjoy the moment you’re in!

3. August 22, 2019 / 6:59 am

Love this!! Living in the moment is something i need to do more of for sure, i check my phone and then before I know it 2 hours have passed! Loove your dress 🙂

Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net

August 25, 2019 / 1:19 pm

I definitely understand that! My girlfriends always stop me before I go down the rabbit hole of IG… because the same thing can happen to me!

4. August 22, 2019 / 7:06 am

What a beautiful dress! One thing I really appreciate about the friend group I have here in Virginia is how big all the girls are on doing this! I’m rarely on my phone with them unless we are taking pictures. 🙂 It’s very refreshing!

xoxo A

August 23, 2019 / 5:52 am

That is so refreshing! It makes such a difference in quality time together!