A Few Fun Life Updates!

Lilly Pulitzer Bowen Romper c/o Pink Palm Tampa // Interchangeable Bow Clutch c/o // Palm Beach Sandals

Hey y’all! It’s safe to say there has been A LOT going on behind the scenes for the girl that runs this blog 🙂 Y’all know I’m an open book (and terrible at keeping secrets) so today I thought I’d spill the beans and give y’all a few life updates!

HOUSE HUNTING:

I hinted at this one Rob and I’s One Month Anniversary post, but we are actively house hunting! Let me explain… we bought our adorable house in December, Rob moved in in January, and I joined him when we got married in May. While we didn’t think it was our “forever home” we certainly saw it as a 5-10 year home. But, life keeps handing us curveballs! For Rob & I family has always come first, and our darling Father in Law (Rob’s dad) will be moving in with us within the next 6-8 months! This wasn’t our initial plan, but it is without a doubt the right thing for our family. As such, we need more space! So now, we are searching for our forever home and very excited to make our next (and hopefully final) move! The housing market is CRAZY right now, so we will take any and all good vibes to find the right house for our family!

JOB:

This week I started a new role within my company- I am now officially a Beauty Buyer! I’ve spent the past two years as an apparel buyer, and it’s been such an amazing opportunity for me, but I am so thrilled to start my next career chapter in beauty! Beauty is such a booming industry and there are so many amazing innovations happening- so to get to be a part of that is so exciting! I have a lot to learn, but I’m ready for the challenge (and have been trying to learn everything I can)!

So that’s all that has been going on over here- just some fun life updates!! What’s been going on with y’all lately? Let me know in the comments below!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1. August 5, 2020 / 6:47 am

Ah so much going on!! 🙂 Congratulations on the new role at work! I know how much you’ve thrived and worked hard in your past two roles, so I’m sure this one will be great too. And wishing you and Rob the very best on house hunting!!

xoxo A

2. August 5, 2020 / 7:51 am

Good luck with your house hunt, that is so exciting! And congratulations on your new role too! I love that dress–the colors are so summery and pretty!

3. August 5, 2020 / 9:53 am

So many exciting things going on! Congrats on your new position at work! My husbands father moved in with us when we bought our last home. Good luck on your house hunt!

Jill – Doused in Pink

August 11, 2020 / 11:33 am

Thank you Jill! Any advice for us? We are really thankful to have him with us!

4. August 5, 2020 / 3:12 pm

Very exciting updates! Keeping my fingers crossed that you find a house that fits your needs soon. And how awesome to be a beauty buyer! I can’t wait to hear about all the cool beauty products you come across! Definitely need a concealer that erases dark circles! Happy Wednesday!

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

August 11, 2020 / 11:32 am

I’m so excited to learn about the world of Beauty! It’s so different from what I do right now that i have a lot to learn!

August 11, 2020 / 11:14 am

Thank you so much!

5. August 6, 2020 / 12:19 pm

I love that you followed the ‘traditional’ format with only moving in when married and I’d love to know your thoughts on the ‘pros’ of this approach and what you feel you need in place as a couple to make moving in together work. It is so exciting that you are looking for another house – I will look forward to your updates! Lovely that you are being joined by another member of the family – if / when you have a family it will be such a wonderful thing. It has always been my son’s dream to have his grandparent/s living with us too.

September 1, 2020 / 9:44 am

One day when we have a little one I know it will be an even extra special blessing to have a grandparent living with us! We are thrilled!

6. August 6, 2020 / 6:52 pm

Wow!!! Your life has changed so much recently. I hope that your move and your father in laws move is as smooth as possible. It’s so wonderful that you can support your family in that way.
    And a job change might be just what you need! Learning new things is scary, but also really fulfilling!

August 11, 2020 / 11:03 am

Totally agree Kristen! Life has been a non-stop roller coaster but we are so thankful for each and every twist and turn 🙂

7. Biana
    August 7, 2020 / 12:12 pm

Lots of fun and exciting new things! Congratulations on your new job role and something you will surely slay! Sending all the good house vibes your way! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

8. August 8, 2020 / 5:18 pm

Ooh sending you lots of luck in the house hunting! I really hope you find the perfect home for the three of you, and congratulations on the new role! I hope you have so much fun in your new job xx

August 11, 2020 / 11:15 am

Thank you so much! Beauty is a new world for me that I am excited to learn more about!!

9. August 12, 2020 / 10:03 am

Wow, Gentry! Your life is a whirlwind of activity and changes. That’s so sweet of y’all to have you FIL live with you…especially as newlyweds, but I know you have such a sweet spirit, you wouldn’t have it any other way. Good luck with the house search. An exciting and stressful time for sure. I know how that goes. We’ve moved 3 times. 2 of them were in a 3 year span, and they were both pretty stressful. (especially the CA move…that was off the charts stressful). Have a great week. XOXO

August 24, 2020 / 7:57 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes! We are thankful and excited for this new chapter!